The Green Monster
Boston week continues at Foto Cada Dia! Count your blessings: 40 years ago I’d be breaking out the slide projector and subjecting you to a badly narrated presentation during a dinner party.
Sure, you’ll throw away 90% of the shots you take at a ballpark, but those remaining 10% will contain some gems.
Ballpark & Bell
Whoops! I missed a day, so today you get a twofer. The first is an abstract landscape taken at my local A+ minor league ballpark, Harry Grove Stadium. I prefer going to see the Frederick Keys play over the Orioles, largely because front row seats only cost $11. Imagine: taking a family of five for the cost of one decent, mid-level major league ticket.
The second is one of the bells in the central tower of the National Cathedral. Word has it that the tower will be open for his year’s Flower Mart, which is most excellent news since the central tower was damaged in last year’s earthquake. $10, 330 steps, and the best view in DC!
Mahoney at the Plate
Ah, one of the great joys of having an A+ baseball team a half hour away is that you can get incredible shots using the most modest equipment. Sadly, working downtown all of 2011 meant I was unable to catch a single baseball game all season.
That and the whole “soccer is infinitely better” thing…